The following schemes are being implemented by the Ministry of Minority Affairs for the upliftment of minority communities:-
1) Pre-matric scholarship scheme.
2) Post-matric scholarship scheme.
3) Merit-cum-means scholarship scheme.
4) Free Coaching & allied scheme.
5) Multi-sectoral development programme.
6) Equity contribution to National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation(NMDFC) for implementation of various lending and promotional schemes.
7) Grant-in-aid to Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) for implementation of schemes for promoting education.
8) Prime Minister’s 15 Point Programme for the welfare of Minorities is being implemented to ensure that the benefits of various government programmes/schemes reach the underprivileged and disadvantaged section of minority communities. To ensure equitable distribution of benefits of these programmes/schemes, among all the minority communities, the new programme envisages location of a certain portion of development projects in minority concentration areas. It also provides that, wherever possible, 15% of targets and outlays under various Programmes/schemes should be earmarked for minority communities.
Giving this information in the Rajya Sabha today in a written reply Shri Salman Khurshid, Minister for Minority Affairs, said that the schemes are being implemented in a transparent manner. These schemes/programmes have been prepared in consultation with Planning Commission for implementation in the current Five Year Plan. The State-wise details of financial assistance given under these schemes, are available on the website of the Ministry http://www.minorityaffairs.gov.in/